New single announcement, new tour announcement, new store announcement, oh boy!
It's finally time to announce that I'll be on tour from August through the end of the year! After laying low since January (working and saving up money), I'm really excited to be back on the road. I'll be bringing with me some new merch, new songs, and new stories to share.
All of the tour info will be continually updated through Bandsintown and Songkick, as well as my website and facebook.
Here's a rough outline of what to expect:
- August: East Coast
- 7/29 Denver, CO @ The UMS
- 8/6 Boothbay Harbour, ME @ TBA
- 8/7 Burlington, VT @ The Radio Bean
- 8/8 Montreal @ Le Cagibi
- 8/10 Bethel, CT @ Molten Java
- 8/11 Boston, MA @ WEMF
- 8/12 Schenectady, NY @ Arthur's Market
- 8/13 Boston, MA @ House Show
- 8/15 New York, NY @ American Beauty NYC
- 8/16 Washington, D.C. @ House Show
- 8/17 Lincroft, NJ @ WBJB 90.5 The Night
- 8/18 Long Branch, NJ @ Inkwell
- 8/19 Washington. D.C. @ TBA
- 8/21 Atlanta, GA @ House Show
- 8/22 Nashville, TN @ TBA
- 8/24 St. Louis, MO @ TBA
- September: Midwest, Texas
- 9/2 Denver, CO @ The Syntax Physic Opera
- 9/3 Laramie, WY @ Coal Creek Coffee
- 9/4 through 9/10
- Omaha, Des Moines, Rochester, Minneapolis, Duluth, Madison, Milwaukee
- 9/11 Chicago, IL @ Uncommon Ground
- 9/12 Chicago, IL @ House Show
- 9/15 Nashville, TN @ House Show
- 9/18 Dallas, TX @ House Show
- 9/19 through 9/26
- Houston, Waco, Austin, Amarillo
- October: West Coast
- Laramie, Salt Lake City, Boise, Seattle, Vancouver
- 10/10 Portland, OR @ Kelly's Olympian
- Eugene, Mt. Shasta, Sacramento, San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Cruz, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara
- 10/20 San Diego, CA @ The Merrow
- 10/21-10/24 Los Angeles, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Albuquerque
- November: Iceland, Ireland, and the UK
- 11/1-11/6 Reykjavik @ Iceland Airwaves
- 11/9-11/13 Ireland
- 11/14-11/23 The UK
If you live in any of the areas that are currently listed as TBA (or nearby) and are interested in hosting a house show, feel free to reach out! House shows are one of the best ways to experience Morning Bear's music - they offer a level of intimacy and intensity that you can never get from a venue. As the host, you have full control over who attends. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info if you're interested.
This is going to be a huge year for Morning Bear, thank you for being a part of the music.
Talia, Johan, and I did a little session in Denver's City Park this April. It's a 100% live take (video and audio), with the beautiful imperfections that come along with it. There's something so endearing about a raw take that sets it apart from a heavily produced product - it comes that slight bit closer to capturing the magic of live music. Hope you enjoy!
Out of the blue earlier this year I received an email from English luxury bagmaker Hawkesmill asking to use my song "Celeste" in a video. This is the first time I've been approached about using my music in an ad, and I am very excited to announce they've using my music! I've managed to get featured in a few of their videos now. You can check them out at their Vimeo page.
Indie music blog Under Bright Lights just did a review of Take Flight! Check it out:
In Seattle earlier this year, Morning Bear played a private house show where the above video was filmed! If you haven't heard of it, Sofar Sounds is a fantastic organization, creating a series of private house shows across the world. It is the most intimate setting for listening to music that I have yet experienced, and Morning Bear's music works wonderfully at them. Check them out at sofarsounds.com.
Morning Bear has been added to the lineup of this year's Higher Ground Music Festival! We go on the 27th Street Stage East at 12:30PM on Saturday. Also on the lineup are some of our good friends in Denver - Red Fox Run and One Flew West - as well as many other fantastic acts (full schedule at http://www.highergroundmusicfestival.com/2015-schedule-hgmf/)! It's going to be a great 3-day event. The festival also has an awesome system to compensate artists, so if you are interested in attending get tickets here: https://musicbuzznation.webconnex.com/hgmf15-artist-tickets.
Morning Bear managed to record a short session outside of LA during the last West Coast tour with DJ Liz Wood from KUCI! It was Morning Bear's first appearance on college radio, and you can hear it all here:
Morning Bear's first official music video is finally released and online! It took over a year in production, and showcases the beauty of Boulder and Fort Collins, Colorado.